Summer is 1 of our favourite times of year at F&D!
We always get so many pictures of your little ones in their rompers on their adventures in the Sun, in the Sand or by the sea. Summer allows me to be super creative with our prints and infant romper styles to ensure they complement your summer adventures and keep your children cool.
Our little family are big campers! We love to go camping to St Davids in West Wales at our favourite campsite Caerfai Bay campsite which has a sea view of the exceptional Pembrokeshire coastline (www.caerfaibay.co.uk).
Another favourite campsite of ours is in Portscatho Cornwall which is by the coast, a short walk to a pub and they have chickens on site so children can collect fresh eggs (www.treloancoastalholidays.co.uk)
We all have our happy place and our family have so many incredible memories here. Whether it’s simply taking a yearly ice cream pic in the same place (Finlay and Mabel in the pic), playing cricket with the whole campsite or around the campfire toasting marshmallow’s- Its what summer is about, making magical memories with your loved ones and recharging the batteries with the family.
Why are rompers good for summer?
Infant rompers are perfect for summer adventure as our rompers are made of up to 95% cotton making them super soft for comfort, breathable for varying temperatures and a 4 way stretch to complement fun activities. We have styles of shortie rompers or long leg rompers: Rompers – Freckles and daisies
- In baby rompers girl prints,
- Baby romper boy prints and
- Baby romper unisex prints.
We have sourced some incredible exclusive prints this year from our fantastic designers we work with from across Europe, to make your little ones look summer ready. All the prints you see can be made into any shortie romper, long rompers or any accessory to complement any outfit such as bibs, shoes or a hat. Shoes and Bibs – Freckles and daisies
What are the best sellers this summer?
The Whale of a time baby romper has been a best seller for the boys. Whale of a Time Shortie Romper – Freckles and daisies
The Peach camping shortie baby romper for the girls Camping Holiday Peach Romper – Freckles and daisies
The Windmil Farm Baby romper unisex has been a best seller for boys and girls. Windmill Farm Shortie Romper – Freckles and daisies
How to style a baby romper?
Our infant rompers are made in sizes from 0 to 4 years and can be a 1-piece outfit. The romper is such a convenient outfit and compliments so many different looks. It is easy to put on with easy fasteners on the shoulders and made with nappies in mind for extra room. They are so easy to wear, they can even be put on when your little ones are asleep. The Infant rompers can be worn:
- With a bodysuit underneath
- With a t-shirt underneath or
- Simply as a 1 piece outfit
We say at Freckles and Daisies that perfecting wearing a baby romper is as easy as saying A, B, C!
What should you consider when buying an infant baby romper?
Like any purchase for your baby, there are some things to consider before buying a romper. The first thing we would say is what print will they realistically like and complement their little personality. Other things we say to consider:
- Material- Infant rompers that are made from a high- quality cotton is a good choice as they are soft and kind to your newborns sensitive skin. All Freckles and Daisies fabrics are 100 OEKO-TEX as standard. This is a certification they are safe for babies and does not contain any harmful substances or chemicals.
- Carbon footprint- Rompers that are made in China and in India have a high carbon footprint with a bigger impact on the planet. Rompers that are made in the UK are more sustainable. Freckles and Daisies Rompers use material from high quality fabric mills in Europe and all rompers are made sustainably in the UK for a low carbon footprint as well as being made to last.
- Washing instructions- Some baby romper brands may need handwashing. All the freckles and Daisies infant baby rompers can be machined washed at 30 degrees and the pigments used in the material are high- quality so the colours stay vibrant wash after wash.
Why are rompers good for babies and toddlers?
Our 100s of reviews (see reviews Handmade In UK Childrens & Baby clothing, Unisex Rompers and Leggings – Freckles and daisies) from mums have told us that our Rompers are an excellent choice for toddlers and infants. Rompers are a versatile durable outfit for sunny summer days, chilly summer evenings or for a cosy, comfy feel in the winter.
Every child has their own way of wearing an infant baby romper whether it’s baggy fitting we recommend a size up or if it’s just right order that age group. Our shortie rompers are a perfect outfit for any adventure this summer.
Fill this summer with adventure and infant baby rompers are the way to do it.
Thanks so much for supporting us and allowing us to live our passion!
Mum of 2, Creator and Founder!